Our mission is to maximize the independence &
personal fulfillment of individuals with developmental disabilities through community, business, & family partnerships. We provide this through vocational training
& employment opportunities.

About Us

History/Mission

Weaver Industries was founded in 1971 as a 501(C)3 non-profit organization providing individuals with disabilities vocational training and employment opportunities. The Weaver name stems from Carlene Weaver and even though we do not know a lot about her we do know that she was a strong advocate for individuals with disabilities and was instrumental in improving the lives of many individuals with disabilities in Summit County by advocating for meaningful vocational opportunities.

It's been over 40 years but the Weaver Industries Board of Directors and Administration still champion Carlene's passion and we continue to strive for increased training, opportunities and earnings for the individuals we serve. Weaver continues to expand our services provided to customers throughout Northeast Ohio in the course of the operation of distinct business divisions.

Weaver Headquarters

For the last 25 years Weaver Industries has chosen the Canal Place complex for the location of our headquarters. Weaver has business customers and facilities located throughout Summit County, so maintaining a central location has always been a priority. The convenient locations of Canal Place as well as the historical significance combined with Canal Place’s role in the revitalization of Downtown Akron have been primary factors for choosing our corporate office location.

Canal Place is truly a special place. It's an extraordinary community of companies in a setting rich with industrial heritage: its tie to the BFGoodrich Company dating back to 1871 and its contribution to the livelihood of thousands of people make this property a landmark in Akron, Ohio. To fully appreciate Canal Place, one must acknowledge its proud past, its role in the community and the groundwork it has laid for an exciting future.

The year was 1871 when Dr. Benjamin Franklin Goodrich relocated his small rubber company from Melrose, NY to Akron, OH. The company settled on the banks of the Ohio & Erie Canal and was neighbors with the former Diamond Rubber Company. In 1912, the two rubber companies merged and with constant construction over the next 30 years, BFGoodrich became the largest rubber factory in the world. With over 90 buildings by the end of WWII, the complex was a self-contained city with its own police, fire and medical services and boasted the first telephone system in Akron.

In 1987, operation "Green Grass" was scheduled to demolish the complex. The operation would cost BFGoodrich approximately $18 million and would have left an open pasture measuring 38 acres. However, Covington Capital Corporation, then a New York-based real estate development company, could see what no one else could and bought the complex from BFGoodrich. Stuart Lichter, Gerald Wendel and Barry Lang saw a diamond in the rough. An idea that is now called Canal Place.

On the site of BFGoodrich’s 1871 rubber factory, Canal Place now houses nearly 100 thriving businesses. From independent business ventures to Fortune 500 companies and corporate headquarters, there is a synergy that creates an entrepreneurial environment.

High Quality Is Our Goal

Continuing our commitment to excellence, Weaver Industries' ProPak division is proud to have obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification!

The ISO 9001:2008 quality management standard establishes an effective quality management program for manufacturing companies and includes such important components as customer satisfaction and establishing processes for continuous improvement.